Saturday, March 31, 2018

Reflection #5

I really enjoyed our field trip to Washington, DC to visit the Jordanian Embassy and Egyptian Embassy. I have never been inside an Arab Embassy, so it was a cool experience. I thought it was cool to listen to the Egyptian Ambassador to the United States talk to us. I will definitely take him up on the offer to travel to Egypt for one week for free. I liked visiting the Islamic Center of Washington. I thought it was an interesting and educational experience to enter the center, and even watch a call to prayer. I thought it was interesting how they separate the men from the women during prayer. I also learned that all faiths and religions are welcome in the center, because I thought only those who practice Islam were welcome. Afterwards, when we visited the non-profit organization, “UPA,” I appreciate them serving us refreshments. I am getting better at understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through these talks. This talk, as well as the son of an Israel general, go hand in hand, and I now realize the struggles Palestinians face, more so than before. I hope there will be more opportunities in the future to visit more Arab Embassies. Also, I wouldn’t mind traveling to Egypt for one week. I have never been to Egypt before, and I think it would be a cool place to visit. So, overall, I was so happy I went, and I learned a lot from this field trip, and I look forward to more opportunities in future.




No comments:

Post a Comment