Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Reflection 4


I found Dr. Boukhars’s lecture to be interesting. I have him for Terrorism and Counterterrorism, and some of the points he mentioned in his lecture were similar to the points he makes in the other class.  I agree with some of the claims he makes. For example, I don’t believe Trump is uniting the United States whatsoever. Rather, he is dividing out country and damaging Islam’s reputation and hurting innocent Muslims. Most Muslims are peaceful – it is just those few who ruin it for the rest. Nevertheless, this is true of other religions. In addition, Trump tends to like strong leaders such as Putin and Sisi, which is different from previous presidents, which I can see.  I also found his point regarding the scenario where there is a terrorist, who is surrounded by children and mothers, and the difficult decision that needs to be made to kill the terrorist, along with everyone else, or not. It becomes extremely difficult to decide. But, I thought it was interesting how Dr. Boukhars thought that Trump maybe does not give it as much thought before making a decision and maybe does not care as much of the consequences. I also learned about the genocide in Myanmar and agree that some important developments such as this does not make headlines and not many people know about it, which is truly sad. I also learned about the major players in the International Community such as the US, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. Overall, I enjoyed his lecture and gained some knowledge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment